Frangipane with Almond Paste
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 8- ounce package almond paste
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- In a food processor, pulse the sugar and almond paste until finely ground. Add remaining ingredients, pulsing until mixture forms a wet paste.
- Place frangipane in a bowl covered with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator for up to a week and use in your favorite recipes.
Makes approximately 1 ½ cups