Frangipane with Sliced Almonds
- 1 cup blanched, sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ cup plus 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg plus 1 yolk
- 2 ½ tablespoons Amaretto or any almond-flavored liqueur
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds, sugar, and flour until the almonds are finely ground. Add remaining ingredients, pulsing until mixture forms a loose paste.
- Place frangipane in a bowl covered with plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator for up to a week and use in your favorite recipes.
Makes approximately 1 ½ cups