Fudgy Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup Dutch process unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups buttermilk well shaken before measuring
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup decaffeinated black coffee mixing 1 cup boiling water and 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- Preheat oven to 350 ° Fahrenheit. Coat a 10 cup capacity Bundt pan with shortening. Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of flour into the pan. Shake and turn the pan so all sides are coated with flour and invert over a garbage can to dump out the excess.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, place the flour, both sugars, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Using a whisk, blend ingredients well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, oil, vanilla, and coffee. Add mixture to dry ingredients in the electric mixing bowl. Using the paddle attachment, blend on low speed until well mixed. Stop the machine and scrape around the edges of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Turn mixer up to medium speed for 10 seconds. Batter will be thin.
- Pour all but 1 cup of batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Bake off reserved batter in cupcake tins or a small cake pan. Allow Bundt to cool for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place on a cake circle and allow to cool completely.
Makes one 10 cup capacity Bundt cake