Molten Chocolate Cakes
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup cake flour
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray four ¾ cup (6 ounce) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray. Place ramekins on a sheet pan.
- Place chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a saucepan filled with one inch of simmering water and stir until melted. Cool for two minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment, combine the sugar and eggs and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the softened butter and flour and mix well.
- On low speed, blend in chocolate.
- Divide the batter evenly between the four greased ramekins. Each ramekin should be filled about three quarters full.
- Bake for approximately 16 minutes or until the tops of the cakes are cracked and puffed.
- Run a small knife around the edges of each ramekin and invert cakes onto each of four plates.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and serve at once.
Makes four servings