- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Elderflower liqueur
- 12 ounces rhubarb stalks, cleaned, dried, and cut length-wise
- Additional granulated sugar for sprinkling
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9-inch diameter springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place on a sheet pan covered with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, combine the eggs, yolk, and sugar and beat on medium speed until blended and the eggs have lightened in color – about 1 minute. Add the zest and blend for a few seconds.
- On low speed, add the melted butter, yogurt, and liqueur. Blend until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Arrange pieces of rhubarb decoratively over the batter, cutting the stalks to fit accordingly.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar over the top.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until top of cake is nice and brown. Cake will appear brown on the top but still slightly custardy, so may never full firm until cool.
- Cool cake. Using a small sharp knife, cut around the edges, separating the cake from the pan. Gently remove the cake from the springform. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired before serving.
Makes 1 9-inch diameter cake