- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons warm water and more if needed
- In the bowl of an electric mixer using the whip attachment, blend the sugar, meringue powder, and cream of tartar on low speed until well combined.
- On medium-high speed, add the water and put the mixer on high speed for approximately 6-7 minutes and mix until the icing is light and fluffy.
- Add more water by the teaspoonful to thin the frosting out, if necessary.
- To prevent icing from drying out, cover bowl with a moist paper towel or plastic wrap until ready to use.