White Chocolate Peppermint Buttercream
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons light corn syrup
- ½ cup high quality white chocolate chopped
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cups confectioners’ sugar sifted if lumpy
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure peppermint extract
- In a small saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup to a boil. Remove from heat, and whisk in white chocolate until melted. Allow to cool completely in pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium-high speed until somewhat fluffy. On low speed, add cooled chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and peppermint extract. Blend well until all sugar is incorporated.
- Remove buttercream and place in a bowl. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week. Allow refrigerated buttercream to come to room temperature before using.
Makes approximately 2 cups