Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 1/2 8- ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the crumbs, sugar, and butter. The mixture should look like wet sand.
- Press the mixture firmly onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of a greased 9-inch diameter springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 250°F. In the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese until it is creamy and smooth. Beat in the sugar, flour, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs and yolk, one at a time, followed by the heavy cream. Stop the machine several times and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula to prevent any lumps.
- Pour the filling onto the crumb crust and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
Makes a 1 9-inch cheesecake