Miniature Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Ingredients for Crust
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies broken into pieces
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Ingredients for Filing
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur such as Frangelico
- ¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, pulverize cookies and hazelnuts. Pour mixture into a small bowl and blend in butter.
- Line 13 standard muffin cups (or 12 muffin cups and a ramekin) with doubled muffin liners—two per cup. Divide cookie crumb mixture amongst the cups. Using your hands, gently pack down and slightly up the sides of each. Bake for 5 minutes, and remove from oven.
- In the bowl of an electric mixture, using the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar until very smooth and creamy. Add the flour, and blend well, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add the egg and egg yolk, and blend well, again scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the liqueur and blend well.
- Pour 1 heaping tablespoon (approximately ¼ cup) of the cheesecake mixture into a small bowl. Blend in the chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Divide cheesecake batter amongst muffin cups, filling each about 3/4ths full.
- Add a small spoonful of chocolate batter in the center of each muffin cup. Using a butter knife, swirl the batters together gently.
- Bake cheesecakes for 25 minutes, or until they are just set. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Place cheesecakes, still in muffin pans, in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Remove cheesecakes from liners and serve.
Makes about 13 cheesecakes