- 3 cups finely crushed chocolate cookie crumbs such as a chocolate sandwich cookie
- 3 cups finely crushed chocolate chip cookie crumbs can also substitute vanilla sandwich cookies or vanilla wafers
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and divided
- 1 ½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped walnuts or any nut you prefer
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9” by 13” rectangular baking pan with 2” sides with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper, allowing an overhang on the two longer sides. Spray again with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, blend chocolate cookie crumbs and 4 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- In another medium bowl, blend chocolate chip cookie crumbs and the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Firmly press chocolate cookie crumb and butter mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Firmly press chocolate chip cookie crumb and butter mixture evenly over the chocolate crumb layer.
- Evenly scatter the coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips over the crumbs.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is light brown. Allow to cool.
- Refrigerate still in pan until cold before cutting into bars.
Makes approximately 30 bars