Chocolate Sambuca Cookies
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup Sambuca or other licorice flavored liqueur
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips melted with 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar blended with 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- Coffee beans for garnish after baking if desired
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and liqueur.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mixture and blend well.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend well. Chill the batter until it firms up, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (about 1 tablespoon), scoop balls of dough and roll with your hands until round. Roll balls in confectioners’ sugar and espresso mixture until well coated. Place balls onto parchment lined sheet pans, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and cracked.
- While still hot, gently push 1-3 coffee beans into the top of each cookie, if desired.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies