Double Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons 1 ¼ sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the pan with foil that hangs over 2 sides of the pan. Spray again with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Add the sugar to the butter, and whisk to blend. Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and blend well using a rubber spatula. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. Bake Blondies until a small sharp knife inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 25 minutes. Cool in pan.
Makes about 24 Blondies