- 2 sticks or 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 2 sheet pans with nonstick cooking spray. Place the butter and sugar together in an electric mixing bowl using the paddle attachment and cream on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the flour, cornstarch and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and beat well on medium speed.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip, and pipe it onto the cookie sheets in short lines (about 2 inches long) leaving a space between each. Bake for 15 minutes until pale golden.
Makes about 2 dozen