Chocolate Chip Bourbon Bread Pudding
- 5 cups or 9 ½ ounces challah or brioche bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons high quality bourbon
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Spray an 8” by 10” casserole dish, approximately 2” deep, with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scatter challah cubes in prepared dish, and scatter chocolate chips evenly on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Evenly pour custard over the top of the bread. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the bread to absorb some of the liquid from the custard, anywhere from 2 hours to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until it is nice and brown. If it is getting too brown, cover with aluminum foil.
- Dust generously with confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Serves approximately 4-6 people