- 2 large egg whites
- ½ cup superfine sugar
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer using the paddle attachment, blend the egg whites and sugar together on medium speed until just foamy.
- On low speed, add flour and melted butter.
- On a parchment-lined or silicone mat-lined sheet pan place a teaspoonful of batter.
- Using a small spoon or offset spatula, spread the batter into a three-inch circle.
- Repeat the above procedure with more batter leaving a space around each circle.
- When the sheet pan is covered with circles of batter, bake them for 6-9 minutes or until the cookies are light brown around the edges.
- After baking, allow the cookies to cool and crisp up to form circular wafer cookies. Or when still warm, you can roll each cookie around the handle of a greased wooden spoon to make a pirouette. As the cookie cools gently slide it off the handle and place it onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- If the cookies cool and become hard before you can roll them, return the sheet pan to the oven to soften them for a few seconds.
- Repeat the above procedure making circular cookies or pirouettes, until all of the batter is used up.
Makes about 18 thin wafer cookies