Coconut Cashew Chocolate Tart
- 1 ¾ cups whole cashews
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Coconut Filling
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cream of coconut, well stirred
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons high-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ cups shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- Ganache Topping
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ½ tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup high-quality semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup high-quality white chocolate, chopped
- Reserved whole cashews for decorating top of tart
- Instructions for Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pulse cashews and brown sugar in food processor until very fine pieces form. Pour mixture into a bowl and blend in melted butter until mixture comes together like wet sand.
- Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch false bottom tart pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place tart pan on a sheet pan.
- Bake crust for approximately 10 minutes. Cool. Crust will harden as it cools.
- Make Filling
- In a small saucepan, heat cream of coconut and butter, whisking constantly until mixture comes to a simmer (just below a boil). Remove from heat, and add white chocolate. Whisk until chocolate is melted.
- Add sour cream and coconut extract, and blend well. Stir in coconut. Mixture will be thin.
- Pour into tart pan and chill for about 1 hour or until just set.
- Ganache Topping
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream, butter, and corn syrup until mixture comes to a simmer (just below a boil). Remove from heat and add chocolate. Whisk until mixture is very smooth. Gently pour mixture over the chilled Coconut Filling and using an offset spatula, spread evenly.
- Melt remaining white chocolate over a double boiler. Using a parchment cone, drizzle the melted white chocolate in stripes across the tart, about 1 inch apart.
- Using a wooden skewer, lightly pull the white chocolate through the white chocolate creating a design as desired.
- Decorate the top of the tart with the whole cashews.
- Chill tart for several hours or overnight, or until set. Unmold onto serving platter and serve.
Makes 1 10-inch tart