Mixed Berry Crisp
- 4 cups mixed berries (such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries – strawberries should be cut into quarters if too large)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set a 9-inch square baking pan or casserole dish on an aluminum foil-lined sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix berries, coconut sugar, corn starch, and lime juice. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- In another bowl, blend together butter, maple syrup, and coconut extract. Add flour, cinnamon, oats, almonds, and coconut and mix well.
- Scatter mixture over fruit.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until nice and brown and fruit bubbles through the crisp.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Makes 1 9-inch square crisp