- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 2 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, oil, and milk.
- Add liquid ingredients into dry ingredients, and using a rubber spatula, mix only until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 1 9” square pan