- 4 cups All Purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons or 1 stick cold unsalted butter cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt placed in a liquid measuring cup, adding enough milk to bring the mixture to measure 2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk the first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, and using a pastry blender, cut the butter in until it resembles small peas.
- Add the yogurt and milk mixture and using a large spoon, stir gently, just until a dough forms.
- Pour the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and after patting it out into a rough rectangle, gently fold the dough in thirds, as if you were folding a letter. Pat into a rough rectangle and fold in thirds again.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectangle, about 1 inch thick.
- Using a 3 inch diameter cookie cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Gently gather the scraps, and re-roll to cut out additional biscuits.
- Place the biscuits onto 2 parchment lined sheet pans.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until the tops are nice and brown. Serve warm.
Makes about 15-18 biscuits