Boozy Cherry Sauce
- 1 can, 15.25 ounces pitted sweet cherries, drained and halved
- ½ cup syrup from canned cherries
- 1/3 cup cherry liqueur, like Kirschwasser
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon corn starch
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the reserved cherry syrup, liqueur, and corn starch. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens and bubbles, approximately 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in cherries. Allow to cool.
- Pour sauce into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, placing the wrap directly on top of the sauce to prevent a skin from forming. Chill until ready to use.