Ganache (Chocolate Sauce)
- 1 cup heavy cream plus more to thin sauce if needed
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Remove from heat, and add the chocolate chips, whisking gently until the chocolate melts.
- Pour into a serving bowl. Chill and store, covered, in the refrigerator. Sauce will become quite thick as it cools.
- Place sauce in a microwavable bowl and microwave until it becomes thin enough to pour. If it is ever too thick, thin with a little cream.