Mini Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich Sliders
- 10 tablespoons 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Ice cream of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Blend well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until blended. Add chocolate chips.
- On two parchment-covered sheet pans, using a teaspoon and a rubber spatula, drop ½ teaspoons of batter, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 5-6 minutes, or until nice and brown. Cool.
- Using a very small ice cream scoop, place any ice cream of your choice onto the underside of one cookie, and place another cookie on top, forming a sandwich. Push down gently to adhere.
- Roll each slider into a topping of your choice, and place in an airtight container in the freezer. Repeat with remaining cookies and store in freezer until ready to serve.
Makes approximately 60-75 sliders