Blackberry Basil Tequila Ice Cream
- 2 ½ cups 1 12-ounce package frozen blackberries
- 1 ½ cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream or a combination of milk and cream
- Approximately 2-4 tablespoons of high-quality tequila
- In a medium saucepan, combine blackberries, basil, sugar, and water. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Puree mixture in a blender and pour through a sieve, discarding the solids.
- Whisk the blackberry basil syrup with 1 cup of cream and the tequila. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours to allow the flavors to blend and the mixture to get cold.
- Process the mixture in an ice cream maker, and pack into an air-tight container. Store in freezer until firm. Ice cream may not get very hard due to the alcohol.
Makes approximately 1 quart