Corn Muffins with a Twist
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup corn nuts coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and blend until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into muffin cups, filling each no more than ¾ full. Sprinkle each muffin with some corn nuts.
- Bake muffins for about 14-15 minutes, or until nice and brown.
- After cooling for 5 minutes, remove muffins and place on a large plate.
- Drizzle each muffin with maple syrup.
Makes about 12 muffins