Spicy Mini Pumpkin Breads
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 15 ounce can solid pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds, hulled
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray five 5¼ inch by 3 ¼ inch by 2 1/4 inch mini loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together both flours, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, pepper, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture and blend well.
- Evenly divide batter between the five loaf pans.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over each loaf and bake for 40-50 minutes or until loaves are firm and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool. Remove from pans.
Makes 5 Mini Loaves (each 5 ¼ inch by 3 ¼ inch by 2 1/4 inch)