- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup when mashed)
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 banana chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray twelve muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a second medium mixing bowl, whisk together bananas, egg, and oil.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and, using a rubber spatula, blend until ingredients are just combined.
- Fold in pecans.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin tin approximately ¾ full. Place one banana chip on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for approximately 32 minutes, or until muffins feel firm and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Makes approximately 1 dozen muffins