Sky High Popovers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour and salt together until well blended.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and olive oil.
- Add liquid ingredients to flour and salt mixture. Mix only until blended.
- Cover the bowl and allow to rest overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a popover pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly whisk the batter. Fill each popover cup 4/5ths full.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 55 minutes. The popovers should be very dark and should have grown quite high. Do not open the oven until 55 minutes has passed or the popovers could collapse. Remove the popovers from the pan. Re-spray the popover pan and continue to bake off the remaining batter filling each cup as above.
- Serve at once.
Makes 8-9 large popovers