Easiest Buttercream Ever
- 1 cup or 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream or milk or any liquid, or more if needed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups 1 pound confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add 3 tablespoons of cream and vanilla, and blend well on low speed.
- Add confectioner’s sugar on low speed until well blended. Scrape down bowl with a rubber spatula. If frosting is too thick, add more liquid one tablespoon at a time.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Leave at room temperature before using.
Makes approximately 2 ½ cups