Sour Cream Buttercream
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted if lumpy
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk if needed to thin frosting
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter, sour cream, and vanilla on medium speed until well blended.
- On low speed, slowly add confectioners’ sugar and blend well. Scrape down sides of the bowl as needed with a rubber spatula.
- If the frosting is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk if needed, and up to 2 to your desired consistency.
Makes enough to frost a 3 layer, 9-inch cake