Individual Baked Alaskas
Makes 6 Mini Baked Alaskas
6 brownie circles (homemade or store bought) cut out with a 3 inch diameter cookie cutter
6 scoops of your favorite ice cream
4 large egg whites, room temperature
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup granulated sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer using the whip attachment, beat the egg whites at high speed until they are very foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form.
- On high speed, slowly add the sugar about 1 tablespoon at a time and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
Assembling the Baked Alaskas
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Place brownie circles on sheet pan.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on top of each brownie.
- Fill a pastry bag with a large star tip half full of meringue and pipe stars in rows until the brownie and the ice cream are covered in meringue.
- Place the sheet pan in the freezer for several hours or until the meringue becomes firm.
- Place the Baked Alaskas on individual plates. Using a small blowtorch, lightly brown the meringues all over.
- Serve at once.