Grandma Etta’s Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries unthawed — mixed with 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Extra granulated sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and oil until blended.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix only until combined.
- Toss the blueberries and 1 teaspoon of flour into a bowl and fold them gently into batter. Do not overmix!
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. If there is remaining batter, spray another pan and fill in the same manner. Sprinkle each muffin with granulated sugar.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and a cake tester or sharp knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12-14 standard sized muffins