Cider Caramel Sauce
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a small heavy saucepan, stir sugar, water, and lemon juice over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Wipe down any sugar crystals that form on the side of the pan using a pastry brush dipped in water.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Without stirring, cook the mixture until it turns the color of brewed tea.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the cream, cider, and butter. Mixture may bubble up.
- Place the pan over medium heat and whisk to dissolve any lumps of caramel that may have formed.
- Mixture will thicken as it cools. Store in refrigerator in covered contain and microwave on low heat to liquify before using.
Makes approximately 1 cup