Christmas Cheesecake Bites
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Red and green gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the pan with a piece of parchment paper, allowing two sides to come over the edges of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crust ingredients and blend well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press firmly onto the bottom and approximately ½ inch up the sides.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, combine the cream cheese and sugar and blend on medium-high speed until light and smooth.
- Add yogurt and blend well.
- Combine vanilla and eggs in a liquid measuring cup.
- Add one egg at a time to the electric mixer and blend on medium speed until combined. Continue to add the eggs, thoroughly blending each egg before adding the next.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of batter into one small mixing bowl, and another 2 tablespoons into another small mixing bowl.
- Color one bowl red and one green, and blend in food coloring thoroughly.
- Pour each colored batter into its own pastry bag fitted with a small plain round tip.
- Pour the remainder of the batter into the cooled crust. Pipe straight lines across the batter, alternating colors. Using a thin skewer, create swirls and patterns through the colors.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until edges are set. The center will still be slightly jiggly and will firm up as it cools.
- Cool completely and refrigerate until chilled. Cut into small squares or any shape desired.
Makes 1 8-inch square pan to be cut any way you wish