Fastest Baked Custard Ever
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place 5 6-ounce, oven-safe custard cups in a baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour mixture evenly into custard cups and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Pour hot water into the roasting pan ½-inch up the sides of the cups.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a small sharp knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Custards will be slightly jiggly in the center but will set as they cool.
- Remove each cup from the water bath and allow to cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 5 6-ounce custard cups