Quick Banana Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups very ripe bananas, mashed on a plate with a fork
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar mixed with ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 12 standard muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well blended.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the bananas, brown sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, add the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each muffin with some of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Baking for 20 minutes or until a small, sharp knife comes out clean.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes before removing from pans.
Makes approximately 12 muffins