Double Chocolate Fudge Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 12 standard muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt, until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and using a rubber spatula, gently blend all ingredients until just combined.
- Gently blend in the ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips into the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter evenly into the muffin cups. Sprinkle mini chips evenly over each muffin.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a small, sharp knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
Makes approximately 12 muffins