- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium heatproof bowl placed over a pot of simmering water, melt both the bittersweet and unsweetened chocolates until melted. Allow the mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk the granulated sugar, the eggs, and the vanilla into the melted chocolate. Mix well.
- Add the all-purpose flour and salt.
- Fold in the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan lined with foil and greased again.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a small knife inserted into the center comes out with only a few crumbs attached. Do not over bake. Cool.
- Chill the pan of brownies in the refrigerator for a few hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and peel it off. Cut brownies into squares.
Makes 9 Brownies