Easy Oven Dulce de Leche
- 2 14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Pour condensed milk into a square baking pan. Cover tightly with foil.
- Place pan in a larger oven safe pan. Place pans in the oven with the rack pulled out slightly. Fill the outer pan with hot water so that it comes up halfway. This creates a water bath in which to cook the milk with even heat.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Refill water if it goes below halfway.
- Continue baking for another 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Carefully uncover pan and pour hot Dulce de Leche in a bowl. Cool, cover and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Use Dulce de Leche in any of your favorite recipes that call for or a rich caramel-like sauce .
Makes approximately 2 cups