Dessert Pizza with the Works
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup cold cream cheese, cut into large chunks
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick cold unsalted butter cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons cold orange juice plus more if dough is too dry
Marinara Berry Sauce
- 1 cup frozen raspberries thawed and drained
- ½ cup fresh strawberries cut into cubes
- ¼ cup raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk for brushing
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 cup canned or fresh pineapple chunks drained
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts toasted
- ½ cup shredded coconut toasted
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
- ¾ cup high quality white chocolate warmed in the microwave for 20 seconds on low speed and shredded on a grater
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting dessert pizza
- Make the crust: in a food processor pulse flour and salt until well combined.
- Add the cream cheese and pulse again until pea-sized pieces form. Add the cold butter and pulse until pea-sized pieces form again.
- Add the orange juice and pulse until dough comes together in crumbles. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and try to gather it into a ball. If it seems too dry add another tablespoon or two of orange juice. Gather dough into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and flatten into a disk. Allow to chill for one hour.
- Make the marinara sauce: purée all the marinara ingredients in a food processor until puréed. Pour mixture into a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the pizza: on a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a rough 14-inch circle. Place a 12-inch bowl upside down over the bowl and cut out a circle using a small shop knife. Place dough round onto a greased 14-inch pizza pan. Using a pastry brush, brush the milk over the outer edges of the circle.
- Roll the edges all around the circle ½ inch like a cuff on a pant leg. Gently press to adhere. Brush the outer edges again with milk and sprinkle all along the edges with the turbinado sugar.
- Spread as much of the marinara sauce as you would like over the entire crust, leaving the edges uncovered. Save extra for another use.
- Scatter the crust evenly with the pineapple and dried cherries. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the crust is nice and brown. Remove the pizza from the oven and immediately sprinkle the walnuts, coconut, and dark chocolate chunks over the entire crust.
- Scatter the shredded white chocolate over the entire pizza and dust the top with confectioners’ sugar.
Makes 1 10-inch pizza