Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups ricotta
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 ¼ cups fresh blueberries divided
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9 inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with a parchment circle. Re-spray and flour. Dump excess flour out. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, ricotta, oil, extracts and zest until well mixed.
- Gently stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients using a rubber spatula. Do not over mix.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in 1 cup of the blueberries.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Scatter remaining ¼ cup berries over the top of the batter.
- Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until a small knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool until barely warm. Remove from pan. Place on a serving platter.
- To make the glaze: in a small bowl, whisk confectioners’ sugar and enough lemon juice to create a thick, pourable glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.
Makes 1 9-inch round cake